Gulgong Folk Festival
Mudgee, 30th Dec 2005 - 1st Jan 2006
Posted Saturday, December 3, 2005
Gulgong Festival Celebrates 20 Years
A detailed program is available on our web site.
- Pat Drummond & Karen Lynne Duo - New Years Day concert
- 'Looking back over 20 years' with John Dengate - Songs, verse & stories about the history, politics & life of the people of Gulgong.
- WWW Reunion - and you know who you are! Sharing harmonious singing, poetry & folklore of women's experiences.
- Fantastic Featured Poets - Some of the finest representatives of the Hunter Bush Poets Club as well as your opportunity in the Poet's Breakfasts.
- Denis Kevans Tribute - Sonia Bennett
It will also include the usual full program of dance workshops, sessions, concerts and a Music Hall on the Saturday afternoon from 2-4 in the Prince of Wales Opera House.
Music Hall items confirmed so far include:
- Dale Dengate & the W’s – Skits: 'It’s the same the whole world over' & 'Nightie Nightie'
- John Dengate – Narrator
- Nick Lock – 3 songs
- Alex & Julie Bishop – Songs: 'Long, long trail' & 'Loves old sweet song'
- Mary-Jane Field – Song: 'Don’t have any more Mrs Moore'
- Virago from Dubbo (Di Clifford) – Songs: 'I’ll take you home again Kathleen' (parody) and
- 'Beautiful Isle of Somewhere'
- Frank & Marilyn Russell – Yodelling 2 songs
- Shirley Church – tap dance
- Betty Hardcastle – Magna Charter
- John Warner
- Margaret Winnett – Irish Dance Skit
- Jan & Vic Orloff
- Bill Bekric
- Bob Foggin
- Bruce Cameron
- George Bolliger
- Arch Bishop?
- Wellington Boots skit
- Sing-a-long to finish
For more information send an email
or visit our web site