Bush Music Club's 60th Anniversary Songs, Tunes & Verse Writing Competition - amended
Posted Sunday, October 13, 2013
To remove confusion about par 9 - To assist in judging, each entry should include both a recording of the entry and a transcription of the entry (words and music). It is helpful to have only one entry per recording.
It is not necessary to send music transcription with songs. Printed words + MP3 or CD is all that is necessary.
As part of the Bush Music Club’s 60th Anniversary celebrations in 2014, the club is holding a Song, Tune and Verse Writing Competition. There are four different categories and the main condition is that compositions are based on an Australian theme and have a traditional Australian style.
ORIGINAL SONG – of entirely original words with original music or set to a traditional tune.
NEW TUNE / OLD WORDS – an original tune for an existing poem.
DANCE, TUNE or AIR – a new tune not intended as a song.
VERSE – new rhymed verse not necessarily intended as a song.
Entry form http://bushmusic.org.au/CompEntry60.pdf
- Compositions should be based on an Australian theme.
- Compositions should be written in a traditional Australian style.
- Up to three entries per category per person may be submitted.
- Entries should not have been published prior to January 2013
- Copyright is retained by the author(s), but the Bush Music Club reserves the right to copy the material for its archives, and to publish the entries in Mulga Wire.
- All entries must be received by Tuesday 31st December, 2013
- It is hoped that winning entries will be performed during the various events in 2014.
- The following information should be included with each entry:
* Title of song, tune or verse
* Category of entry
* Name and address of composer(s)
* Contact email and/or phone number
* Age (if under 18) * Number of entries submitted
- To assist in judging, each entry should include both a recording of the entry and a transcription of the entry (words and music). It is helpful to have only one entry per recording.
- There is no entry fee.
- The prize in each category is $100.
Send entries to:
BMC 60th Anniversary Song, Tune & Verse Competition
GPO Box 433
Enquiries or Entries to : bmcmail1954 (at) gmail.com